Limited in person classes are being held at the Indio and Palm Springs offices, please call us if you would like to attend in person classes. We are continuing to see intakes in person AND via telehealth (Zoom). We are continuing our telehealth Group, Face to Face, and Education classes through the month of June.
If you are coming to the office for in person classes or an office appointment please wear a mask/face-cover and make payment online or with credit card or money order only. We are avoiding cash payments if at all possible. Please also bring your own pen to sign documents with. All in person classes are limited in size so all staff and clients can observe social distancing recommendations. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID19 OR ARE FEELING SYMPTOMS.
To attend telehealth (online) classes you will need to return the remote client services form (please call our office and we will send via adobe sign)
Please register and pay for all classes at least 72 hours in advance. Payments can be made at https://www.theawarenessgroup.org/pay/
If you have not received confirmation/denial 24 hours before the class is scheduled to begin please call us at (760)342-1233
If you need assistance joining a Zoom meeting please see this article.
To join a test meeting to check your speakers, camera, and microphone please visit this page.
We recommend joining the meeting via laptop or tablet. If you must use your phone we recommend you have a stand of some sort–it is tiring to hold your phone for two hours. Some participants have a better audio experience using headphones with a built in microphone. Please make sure your device is plugged in or has enough battery life to last the entire session.
Available classes are listed below:
Click to register for the Monday 9am GROUP for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Monday 4pm GROUP for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Monday 4pm GROUP for PALM SPRINGS participants
Click to register for the Monday 7pm GROUP for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Monday 7pm GROUP for PALM SPRINGS participants
Click to register for the Tuesday 5pm GROUP for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Tuesday 5pm GROUP for PALM SPRINGS participants
Click to register for the Wednesday 10am GROUP for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Wednesday 10am GROUP for PALM SPRINGS participants
Any participants that need EDUCATION classes can register for the Thursday 10am-12pm EDUCATION class here.
Click to register for the Thursday 3pm GROUP for PALM SPRINGS participants.
Click to register for the Thursday 3pm GROUP for INDIO participants.
Click to register for the Friday 10am GROUP for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Friday 10 am GROUP for PALM SPRINGS participants
All participants that need a PHASE II / RE-ENTRY Session can register for the Wednesday 5pm class here
Any participants that need FACE to FACE (Individual sessions) can register for the Tuesday 2:30pm-4pm session here, the Tuesday 4pm-6pm session here, or the Friday 12:30pm-2pm session here. Individuals will be seen first come first served. After registering and paying you will receive the meeting link. The counselor will allow one person into the meeting at a time from the waiting room. Do not be alarmed if you see a screen saying “the host will let you in shortly” this means you are waiting in line and will be seen in the order that you arrived.
If you still need self-help meeting attendance here are three alternatives to in person AA/NA meetings:
- Write a 2 paragraph paper on a news article related to DUI, alcohol, drugs, addiction, etc or a one page single spaced report on a documentary (film) pertaining to alcohol, drugs, and/or DUI effects on individuals, families and society. The news article + report can take the place of 1 self-help meeting and the Documentary and report counts as 2 meetings. Completed writing assignments can be returned to email@example.com
- You can also register at stepchat.com where there are a variety of online 12 step meetings. You will need to make an account. After attending and participating in a meeting you must fill out the “Request Meeting Attendance Confirmation” form. Forward this confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will enter your self-help meeting attendance. Click here for information on how to log on to stepchat and how to navigate to a meeting room. Click here for tips for chat meetings. Click here for answers to other frequently asked questions including how to get confirmation of meeting attendance.
- NEW!!!! SMART Recovery meetings will be held via Zoom every Friday from 9am to 10am starting 5/29/2020. The meeting ID is 968-0209-0771. “Our mutual support meetings are free and open to anyone
seeking science-based, self-empowered addiction recovery.” Learn more about SMART Recovery here.
- SB38 (Multiple offender program): Register for group one week, register for face to face the next week. Can attend 1 education per week as well.
- SB1176 (Wet reckless): register for 1 education per week. Register for 1 face to face (exit interview) after all 6 educations are complete
- AB541 (3 month first offender): register for 1 group OR 1 education per week. Register for 1 face to face when halfway through the program and another face to face when complete with all groups/educations/self-help meetings. CAN attend group/education + face to face the same week.
- AB1353 (9 month first offender) register for 1 group OR 1 face to face OR 1 education per week. CANNOT attend group/education + face to face the same week.
- AB762 (6 month first offender): register for 1 group OR 1 face to face OR 1 education per week. CANNOT attend group/education + face to face the same week.
We thank you for your patience and participation during this time. We look forward to helping you continue making progress toward regaining your driver’s license and achieving your other goals.