corona virus(COVID-19) + MoreNews & Updates
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever or symptoms such as cough, loss of taste, or difficulty breathing call your healthcare provider. For life threatening emergencies, dial 911. If you would like to be tested for coronavirus you can make an appointment through Riverside County Public Health by calling 800–945–6171 OR make an appointment online at https://gettested.ruhealth.org/
If you have been feeling down, sad or alone, visit www.takemyhand.co . If you are struggling with alcohol or other drugs and need additional help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office to schedule a meeting with a counselor to discuss treatment options.
For other resources please visit our “Partners and Resources” page to find information by clicking here.
Limited in person classes are being held at the Indio and Palm Springs offices, please call us if you would like to attend in person classes. We are continuing to see intakes in person AND via telehealth (Zoom). We are continuing our telehealth Intake, Transfer in, Group, Face to Face, and Education classes through the month of December. Thank you to everyone that has signed up for telehealth, we understand it may involve learning a new skill but we applaud your dedication to completing your classes.
If you are coming to the office for in person classes or an office appointment please wear a mask/face-cover and make your payment online or with credit card or money order. We are avoiding cash payments if possible. Please also bring your own pen to sign documents with. All in person classes are limited in size so staff and clients can observe physical distancing guidelines. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID19, ARE FEELING SYMPTOMS, OR IF ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD MEETS THE CRITERIA ABOVE.
To attend telehealth (online) classes you will need to return the remote client services form
Please register and pay for all classes at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance. You can register more than 72 hours in advance but not less than 72 hours in advance. One week in advance is preferred if possible. Payments can be made at https://www.theawarenessgroup.org/pay/
We recommend keeping track of your class registrations and attendance using a digital calendar (outlook, apple calendar, google, etc) or a physical calendar. Write down the date and type of class you registered for, the date you paid, and the date the approval was received. If you have not received approval/denial and class is scheduled to begin in 24 hours or less please call the office.
Zoom recommends adding email@example.com to your “safe sender” email list to make sure approval messages do not go to your spam/junk folder. This article may also help you find zoom messages if you are having difficulty.
If you need assistance joining a Zoom meeting please see this article. You can also call us to schedule an appointment for training on how to use Zoom.
To join a test meeting to check your speakers, camera, and microphone please visit this page.
When it is time to join the meeting please use the link in your approval email or calendar reminder to join. Trying to join using the meeting ID and passcode will not work.
We recommend joining the meeting via laptop or tablet. If you must use your phone we recommend you have a stand of some sort–it is tiring to hold your phone for two hours. Please make sure your device is plugged in or has enough battery life to last the entire session.
You must be alone and in a quiet, private location to attend class or face to face. YOU MUST NOT BE DRIVING or in a vehicle with other people. You can attend from a vehicle if that’s the only private location but make sure you have a strong WiFi/Cell signal and the vehicle cannot be moving.
Available classes are listed below, all group and education classes are 2 hours in length:
Click to register for the Wednesday 10am GROUP for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Wednesday 10am GROUP for PALM SPRINGS participants
EDUCATION SESSIONS (More Groups and Face to face are below)
NO EDUCATIONS WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY 11/26/20, we wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
Please note as of 12/3/20 your video will be required to be turned on during education sessions. You will also no longer receive reminder emails one day and one hour before the session starts. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Click to register for the Thursday 10am-12pm EDUCATION class for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Thursday 10am-12pm EDUCATION class for PALM SPRINGS participants
Click to register for the Thursday 5pm EDUCATION for INDIO participants
Click to register for the Thursday 5pm EDUCATION for PALM SPRINGS participants.
NO EDUCATIONS WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY 11/26/20, we wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
All participants that need a PHASE II / RE-ENTRY Session (final 6 months of the SB38 program) can register for the Wednesday 5pm class here
Please note: there will be no Wednesday 5pm on 12/23/2020
Any participants that need FACE to FACE (Individual session) can
register for the Tuesday 1:00pm-2:30pm session here,
the Tuesday 2:30pm-4pm session here, the
Tuesday 4pm-6pm session here, or the
Friday 12:30pm-2pm session here.
Please note: there will be NO Friday 12:30 on 11/27/20
Individuals are held via Zoom and will be seen first come first served. After registering and paying you will receive the meeting link. The counselor will allow one person into the meeting at a time from the waiting room. Do not be alarmed if you see a screen saying “the host will let you in shortly” this means you are waiting in line and will be seen in the order that you arrived.
SELF-HELP MEETING INFORMATION
To satisfy the self-help meeting attendance requirement here are your options (including three alternatives to in person AA/NA meetings). These options are available to those attending via telehealth and also to those attending in person classes.
- Attend an in person AA, NA, Al-anon, SMART Recovery, or other approved self-help meeting. Have the secretary of the meeting sign your blue card. Turn your blue card into your counselor (for in person classes) OR submit to the front office OR email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type a 2 paragraph report on a news article related to DUI, alcohol, drugs, addiction, etc or a one page single spaced report on a documentary (film) pertaining to alcohol, drugs, and/or DUI effects on individuals, families and society. Pen & the Pad.com has a helpful summary of how to write a report on a news article. The news article + 2 paragraph report counts as 1 self-help meeting and the Documentary + 1 page report counts as 2 meetings. Send completed writing assignments to email@example.com. Please include a link to the article you are writing about or the title of the documentary. All reports should be single spaced and typed. A documentary is a NON FICTION film/video. FICTIONAL MOVIES are not allowed.
- Register at stepchat.com where there are a variety of online 12 step meetings. You will need to make an account. After attending and participating in a meeting you must fill out the “Request Meeting Attendance Confirmation” form. Forward this confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will enter your self-help meeting attendance. Click here for information on how to log on to stepchat and how to navigate to a meeting room. Click here for tips for chat meetings. Click here for answers to other frequently asked questions including how to get confirmation of meeting attendance.
- SMART Recovery meetings will be held via Zoom every Friday from 9am to 10am. The meeting ID is 968-0209-0771.Learn more about SMART Recovery here. The SMART recovery facilitator of the Friday 9am meeting will email proof of attendance directly to Awareness Group, no signature is required. Please note this is the only SMART recovery meeting accepted unless you are able to get your blue card signed at a different meeting.
Class Registration Information: Please find your program below to find out which classes to register for. Click here for more information about the number of classes required for each program.
- SB38 (Multiple offender program): Register for group one week, register for face to face the next week. Continue alternating Group, face to face, group face to face, group, face to face. Can attend 1 education per week as well until all 6 educations are complete.
- SB1176 (Wet reckless): register for 1 education per week. Register for 1 face to face (exit interview) after all 6 educations are complete and you have submitted 3 self-help meetings.
- AB541 (3 month first offender): register for 1 group OR 1 education per week. Register for 1 face to face when halfway through the program and another face to face after completing all groups/educations/self-help meetings. CAN attend group/education + face to face the same week.
- AB1353 (9 month first offender) register for 1 group OR 1 face to face OR 1 education per week. CANNOT attend group/education + face to face the same week.
- AB762 (6 month first offender): register for 1 group OR 1 face to face OR 1 education per week. CANNOT attend group/education + face to face the same week.
- All DUI classes are $31 each. Please make your payment prior to registering for class
We thank you for your patience and participation during this time. We look forward to helping you continue making progress toward regaining your driver’s license and achieving your other goals.
Corona Virus Update for California
Corona Virus Update for the United States
Corona Virus Symptoms and Self-Checker
Corona Virus Riverside County Information
Get In Touch
INDIO (760) 342.1233
PALM SPRINGS (760) 322.4554